Sykes Cottages has grown in the last 25 years from the kitchen table to become the UK’s leading independent cottage rental agency. We are proud of our founding principles, which you can read more about on our web site. In particular, our customer service is second-to-none and we treat all of our customers, staff and suppliers with integrity and respect.
Sales and customer service
If you ring Sykes or contact us through the web site, you’ll speak to (or get an e-mail from) one of our dedicated call-centre staff. We are committed to providing unrivalled customer service and we appreciate that a happy and relaxed staff team delivers a great customer experience. We offer regular training and mentoring, flexible hours and a pleasant and informal working environment.
Because we’re fast-growing, we’re always looking for bubbly, enthusiastic people with a flair for providing great customer service who will help our customers find their perfect holiday—why not take a look at our current vacancies?
We have a dedicated business development department that looks after our property owners. If you are interested in letting your cottage with us, or are already and owner, these are the people who can help. We are actively looking for top-quality cottages right across the UK and the Republic of Ireland and have a team of regional managers who travel the length and breadth of the country, seeking out the best cottages in fantastic locations.
We have a dedicated team of talented programmers, web developers, business analysts and search engine optimisation consultants who look after our web sites and internal IT systems. We are currently have vacancies right across the department, so if you’re interested in a new and exciting challenge with a fast-growing business, then have a look at our current vacancies.
We keep our customers informed via e-mail, online, brochures and in print. Our marketing team handle all our outgoing communications and are responsible for getting the Sykes message to those that love holiday cottages.
Our finance department handle all the financial transactions for customers, owners and suppliers. We always try to provide a high standard of service to everybody we deal with.
Visit the jobs page for more details about current vacancies.
- TesterLocation: Sykes Cottages, ChesterWe are looking for a Tester to assist in the testing and implementation of our internal IT systems and public web sites. ...Find out more
- PHP DeveloperLocation: Sykes Cottages, ChesterWe are looking for a PHP Developer passionate about great software development to join the largest tech team in Chester City Centre. ...Find out more
- UX DesignerLocation: Sykes Cottages, ChesterWe are looking for a UX designer to join our team, helping to design our website to provide a great user experience and maximise bookings. ...Find out more
- Team Manager (Part time)Location: Sykes Cottages, ChesterWe are looking for a strong people manager and coach to lead a friendly team of Travel Experts. ...Find out more
- Property SpecialistLocation: Sykes Cottages, ChesterWe are looking for commercially-minded sales people to join our busy Property Recruitment team. ...Find out more